1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Fuel Rail Hitting

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by slow95, Jul 10, 2005.

1. slow95

I am installing my HP Turbo kit on my 95 Cobra and so far things are going prretty good but I am running into one issue. The AEROMOTIVE STREET FUEL RAIL kit is hitting my distributor even with the little spacer and 5 flat washers. The distributor and intake are stock. The problem is when it is spaced out, the fat part of the injector is hitting the outer edge of the injector o-ring hole on the intake; the inner edge of injector o-ring is lifting out of the hole.

If anyone has sugestions or has had this happen please let me know what to do. Thanks.

2. xr8tt

I'm in the same issue..Not with fuel reg as mine is on return line at rear of engine..It seems I need to change angle of rail so injector clip fits between rail and allow enough for O ring in rail...I'll try mounting attacment bolts on manifold lower ???
    Pic ...Edit the fuel reg is not mounted as in pic..Its mounted nr map senser....Yes right hand drive..
    [​IMG]#ad

3. ConradS

I think you may need to run the small msd cap adapter and special cap and not run the spacers but someone else with a 5.0 and those rails could probably verifty.

4. savethefoxbody

Im having the same problem on my 94 GT. I have the UPR rails. I was just reseaching it and on Aeromotives website it says that you should modify your stock distributor or buy an MSD one PArt #8455. That sucks. Can't we buy an upper and lower distributor which would include a new smaller rotor to take care of this problem? Also on the oil feed T to the turbo (and sending unit) , I am having a hard time getting a T to fit. Im not sure if its the extra meat on the Mexican block or what. What did yall use?

5. xr8tt

Take all the pieces you have to a place like Earls or any hydraulic place...Some blocks have differant sized thread sizes in block..My Dart block was twice 5.0 size...

6. Mikes88Stang

Yup, Conrad said it above. I here is the link to what I am using:
    http://www.uprproducts.com/shopping/shopexd.asp?id=435

I have a 10% off UPR coupon too....just need to find the e-mail

Cupon code is: MM3

7. savethefoxbody

I think im going to order that Monday. If anyone else needs one, let me know. I am a UPR reseller. I don't think that is on my pricelist so I will have to call in the morning for an exact price.

8. Stroken331

I use the UPR cap adapter on my 94 GT with Aeromotive rails as well and have no problems at all.

9. slow95

just got back from the shop,installing turbo kits takes some time. im and auto tech with all the tools and a shop and still have 20+ hours in it ,and im not done. in the morning i will call aeromotive and find out. thank for the help

10. Injected65

Another option is to cut the rail at an angle and weld on the fitting. Thats what we did on my brothers car to clear the MSD TFI dizzy. I'll try and snap a picture tomorrow.

Chris

11. Redsnk95

12. savethefoxbody

FYI, UPR stocks the adapter ring, rotor, and cap as a package. I ordered mine today

13. slow95

i called aeromotive they said because 94 95 car use the t bird distributor that why they hit. he said the best thing is use msd distributor #8455

14. xr8tt

Thats what we did to the rails above.Doesn't miss by much though...

15. gtmustang00

reviving the thread. The msd 8455 is a replacement for the 94-95 cars. The 8456 is the 87-93 replacement. Can anyone verify that with the 8455 there is no hitting w/ the rail/fitting?

16. Maximumrisk

In my 94 with Aeromotive reails and the spacers that come with their kit:

-Stock distributor did not clear
    -MSD pro- billet cleared
    -Dual Sync with large cap, did not fit. With small cap it fits with room to spare.

17. n20blkgt

I have had the same issue . What I had to do is purchase a swivel 90 degree fitting. On the Aeromotive rails it is a 7/8" or number 8an o-ring bossed fitting. I installed it in the middle of the driver side rail and used the supplied block for the front of the rail.

18. Mill Creek Mafia

it makes you wonder sometimes about design teams for products like these.... i mean come on. surely at some point someone would have thought up a solution to an oh so common problem.

19. Red91StangCT

It still hits on a 91gt with a cobra intake and the ae fuel rails, even with the 8455. You can clock the dizzy a little different, then use 1 washer on the last injector and it just rubs. That's wghat i did.