1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

My Electic EVAC setup.

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by ackstang, Aug 23, 2009.

1. ackstang

Well after battling with the lame ass Moroso exhaust EVAC crap I decided to take another step. I know that this will never compare to an actual mechanical EVAC pump, but its better than nothing I figure. I ended up using the Motorcraft air pump that Blown385 has been using for some time now with luck. I got it new from my ford dealer for 159.00. It also came with a 1 year warrenty...no questions asked. Its good to have friends who work at the dealership :). I also used the JEGS 1 quart breather tank with -10 inlets.

I had no where I could mount this stuff in the engine bay, and frankly didn't want it there anyway. I popped the passenger side fender off and found more than enough room in there. Just took a little cutting and that was about it. Right now I have my Digi 7 turn the pump on at 1500rpm but that may change. No rhyme of reason behind it, just didn't feel the need to have it running while idling in traffic and such. I havn't had it out on the road yet but, and I still need to redo some of the tubing and fittings as I didn't have what I needed in my garage.

Special thanks to Blown385 for all your help with this.

2. blown385

looks good . :2thumbs:

I would make a change to the line between the valve cover and pump . That low spot might collect oil . Try to have the line so the oil would have to travel uphill leaving the valve cover then over to the pump . The harder you make it for the oil to get to the pump the better .

are you going to be able to get to the drain with the fender on ?

3. ackstang

Well, I'll give that a shot...looks like I'll be drilling another hole or two then :doh:. And yes, there is plenty of room to get to the drain with the fender on. I am not running inner fenders. How often do you have to drain yours?

4. blown385

I'll check it every couple weeks . There usually isn't that much .

If you dont plug the other valve cover it will pull alot of oil . Make sure its sealed air tight .

[​IMG]#ad

5. cobrasan

got a motorcraft part number for us?

6. turbofreek

x2 i know those came of the cobra of late 90's era. dont remember what they did for them, but i think it was a crank case vent, who knows? not me thats who.

7. El_Diablo

looks like the smog pump, a 98-02 f body pump should work too

8. blown385

CX-1567 ( F6ZZ-9A486-DA )

9. ackstang

Fixed the valve cover hose routing. It now stays nice and high with zero dip.

10. Pontiac4ever

Do you have a vacuum gauge in the valve cover to see if its even doing any good above 1500rpm?

Craig

11. ackstang

The answer is no, I haven't gotten that far yet. Took it our for the first time today. I do have a spare guage though, I'll give it a shot when I have some time.