1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Limiting turning radius

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Wallace, May 6, 2024.

1. Wallace

I need to limit the left hand turning radius on my Mark vii. The tire will rub on the passenger up pipe. I don't see an easy way to do that. Any help appreciated thanks.

2. B E N

Aren't there stops on the LCA? They might be just a cast wedge, but you could drill and tap or weld/braze... what about a hammer on the turbo pipe?

3. tbird

ive drillled a hole in the spindle stop. Weld a 3/8 nut on the back side. Run a bolt thru and and adjust where needed. Then weld or locktite the bolt in place.

4. ashford

5. TurboSnake281

Worst case you can change the offset of the front wheel’s specs to move the rim further out without changing the wheel size or tires, but you have to buy new front wheels :(

edit: or add a nasty spacer…

6. TTF/Ken Staff Member

bridal-shoal