1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

dual outlet turbo?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by jaredsamurai, Jun 20, 2012.

1. jaredsamurai

This was on my internal Honeywell site tooting our horn about Garrett/Audi winning 24hr a gazillion times or some shit. Anyway has anyone ever seen a turby like this in the real world?

Honeywell-Turbo-Technologies-300x200.jpg #ad

2. jaredsamurai

better yet, is that even the compressor or the god damned turbine just open DP?

3. MONTEGOD7SS

4. jaredsamurai

thats so bad ass

5. Mnlx

8.2 Detroit Diesels, and I believe Cat 3208's have been using that type of turbine housing for quite some time :raz:.

6. jaredsamurai

thats what i was wondering. it seems like a fucking awesome design rather than merging and smashing thru a little square hole

7. half-fast

Would that design put less stress on the bearings since exhaust would be hitting on opposite sides of the turbine rather than just one?

8. jaredsamurai

it has to help with bearing wear. Especially if it is truly pulsed timed and equal length inlet tubing. I can only imagine the spool benefit and flow capabilities are much higher than a conventional style turbine.

9. MONTEGOD7SS

Also, from the link I posted earlier it only has a 4-blade turbine wheel. That alone would help flow, then the dual inlets would in my mind equal an 8 blade turbine in a conventional setup.

10. jaredsamurai

Hard to tell but it might be a 5 blade. Either way I fully agree with your statement.

11. RyanMayo

Fords latest diesel turbo has twin turbine inlets. Also has twin compressor wheels. Pretty neat:

[​IMG]#ad