1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Let me run this theory by you ... Boost Controllers

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by No Quarter, Mar 24, 2005.

1. No Quarter

OK tell me what you think about this. Running a few different types of boost controllers from blitz units to the avc-r - we have seen a break up up top, power falls off sooner than it should. Now when removing the boost controller and only using the wastegate sping, the car pulls smooth all the way to redline.

Any ideas? Can boost controllers cause the turbo to "struggle"?

Do you guys run into these issues?

2. ADR

Dont know the answer but this is a good thread because I am in the market for a boost controler.

3. flashbang756

As am I.;)

Probably going to order a Profec-B from StreetRays here very soon.:)

4. twinturbostang

Any way you can datalog boost with and without the EBC? If there's no difference in boost, I don't see how the EBC could affect things.

5. No Quarter

I would imagine if the WG is opening and closing as the BC tries to maintain a specific level, it would cause an instability in the exhaust flow to the turbo.

I would think.

6. coupe 88

have you tryed a manual boost controller?