1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Lentech Valve Body

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Brandon, Mar 7, 2005.

1. Brandon

well i cant find much here on what lectech VB I should go with.

I would not mind a manual VB since its this or a 5 speed. So in doing this with a stock setup that will be turbo'd what calibration and convertor should I go with? this car will be pretty much a non winter daily driver.

my best guess is a manual VB with calibration 2 and about a 2200-2500 stall. it will be a twin t-28 setup so boost will come on low. I will drag race this but no trans brake kinda of stuff just a simple few psi on the footbrake and some solid low 11 passes.

also do I need to change the inputshaft or any other one in the trans being I will not exceed 500 hp for now. :)

so cliff notes are
    what VB 1 2 or 3
    and what convertor?
    92 mustang and a incon kit.

2. yan88gt

TTT for you. I'm also considering the aod but don't have the money for a complete lentech. I was looking at a C4 or a TH400 but having the OD and lock up would be great. I have to do a choice between the AOD or a tremec. Anyone here put better internals in a stock aod with good luck?

3. Brandon

I just going to do the Valve body and convertor.

4. yan88gt

Sorry. I tought that you wanted to know what is needed in your transmission to hold 500hp.

5. mustangboy94

i had the aod manual VB it is a very nice but i would look at pa one its cheaper thats the one i had with a tb

6. TurboSN95

if you are going to footbrake it, maybe you need to go a little looser on the converter. I personally like Lentech's manual valvebody, its still fun after having a TKO.

7. TwinTurboStrokr

Lentech Strip Terminator VB. (remember reverse/third technology)

A stall of 2500rpm will work well with those two t-28s.

I'd give Lenny a call a go over your combo with him.

The only difference between level 1,2,3 is the firmness of the shift, just tell Lenny it's a street car and he'll set the pressure accordingly.

8. Brandon

sweet thanks.

9. vortechf150

i called lenny, and he set me up with a street/strip terminator vb, input shaft, rebuild kit, and 2500 stall, all for $1400, about three-four years ago, and had a buddies transmission shop build it, i installed it, and has been working great ever since, and this is all behind a 331 with 15lbs boost in a 4000lb 95 f150, times in my sign. i say call lenny and tell him what you are doing, and go from there.