1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

8 inch rear...

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by stang6990, Jul 19, 2005.

1. stang6990

i got an 8 inch in my 69 stang and my plan is to put an hx35 on my 358. from my understanding im gonna get boost around 1700 rpm and be shifting ~4k. looking to run low 12/high 11's. ive seen more then one car run atleast mid 12's on the 8 with out a prob. do you think i can run these times on this rear end? i think im gonna plan on launching around 2k so im in boost. right now i launch at 2500 and running mid to low 13's.... im thinkin i should be fine being that ill be launching at 2k and only shifting at 4k.

as long as it lasts ill use it until i have the money to build the 9 inch i have sitting around with new axles and all the good stuff for when i upgrade to a t70ish and all that good stuff.

2. Disney Lincoln

I broke one running low 8's 1/8th mile. That would be mid 12's 1/4. I'd put an 8.8 in it.

3. twofast

i broke my 8" running high 12's and no slicks. i put a 8.8" in mine.

4. stang6990

i got an 8.8 and a 9, probably gonna put the 9 in it depending on fit.

you know, you two arent helping me here. i wanted different answers. haha, thanks tho, its appriciated.

5. jbi66

I run 12.5@114 dropping the clutch at 4000 with ET streets. The only problem I ever had with the 8 in. in my '66 is the spring perches literly tore off of the factory housing. I replaced it with a housing out of a Maverick (thicker tube diameter) and boxed the spring perches and its been fine ever since. Oh yeah, I also run a spooled set of 4.86's with stock axles. The 8 inch can take a beating but if you decide to switch out, 9 inch is the only way to fly.