1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Lean spot in transition

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 302andsome, Mar 14, 2010.

1. 302andsome

When I go from cruise to WOT I am still getting a bad hesitation as the engine goes very lean. After about a second or so it hits hard and a/f goes to 10.5 and it's fine. I put a 50cc and big cam on the rear going through a 37 shooter which seemed to help but still a bad hesitation. Is this just my PV not opening up early enough?

2. Turbod_86_stang

Wish I could help. This seems to be the biggest issue with the average tuners on the street. I had the same issues last year before I scrapped my old setup. How much timing?

3. 302andsome

Locked at 30 with 1deg/psi. running 10lbs.

4. domn8rx

We always ran 36-40* locked, 21* at 15psi. More timing helped us out alot.

john

5. 68mustang

you say you put a bigger cam and pump in the rear, but did you in the front? did you try a pv that opens sooner?