1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Boostcreep with Pontiac 400 single s475

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by newtoboost, Nov 7, 2015.

1. newtoboost

I have a boostcreep problem on my Pontiac 400 V8 with headers that have crossover, my 50mm Synapse wastegate is mounted after the merge with a 90 degree angle feeding wastegate pipe, probably the cause of boostscreep. Could a 2nd wastegate mounted on crossover solve problem, would it have to be a identical wastegate? If this is ideal I'd postition crossover wastegate at angle for better flow. trying to control boost down to 8-10 psi, spike to 15psi with small inner spring & hose to open wastegate at lowest pressure. Thanks,
    David

2. M&M Turbochargers

may help you

wastegateplacement.jpg #ad

3. Jeremy

Looks like location is not idea for the lower boost level. You could use a second gate of any size on the crossover over to help, just make sure spring pressure is roughly the same and then T the reference line to each gate.