1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Lean everywhere except under boost...

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by sniperd, Feb 16, 2010.

1. sniperd

I have a 89 5.0, T70 turbo, PMAS pro tube calibrated for my 42# injectors. regulator set at 40psi fuel pressure. Stock ECU.

I am lean everywhere except under boost, cruising around im at 16.8 - 17.4 AFR's, under boost im at 11.8-12.4.

What gives? why would I be so lean everywhere except under boost? It seems like If i disconnect my IAC or set the idle lower it will help previously, but with idle at 1,000 rpm to keep the MAF from registering low voltage I cant get the AFR's good.

2. BottleFed70

Sounds like it needs a tune.

3. sniperd

People are running just locked timing and modified fuel pressure and having good results. you don't need a tune.

4. Matt Cramer

For certain values of good results - locked timing isn't going to give the same level of drivability as a custom advance curve, and you're already mentioning issues like the ECU spitting out error messages if you try to idle at normal speed.

I'd suspect something is wrong with your MAF calibration.