1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Launching (spooling) on a 2 Step??

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by Onjacks, Aug 6, 2007.

1. Onjacks

I am getting ready to wire my car up, and start it pretty soon.

I've got a Performance Automatic rev/man C-4 with no brake.

Just curious on the best way to wire up my 2 step for spooling purposes.

Any help on this? Thanks.

Sorry if this is a newb question. Trying to learn as i go. :2thumbs:

2. lteone

I would wire it to the brake switch then to a toggle switch on the dash/console. that way you turn it off or street driving otherwise you get some intresting backfires

3. TwoFastT3s

I have mine wired up through the brake lights and then to a switch on the B&M shifter(c-4 with a rev man valve body). That way when I leave the line, i.e. take my foot off the brake or off the button, it turns off the two step. Works well. I have been playing with the idea of hooking it up to the E-brake light switch, because I can get a couple more RPM stall out of it when the E-brake is on.... :eek: :2thumbs:

Nate

4. River City Speed

So what starting line rev limit would you use? I'm trying to understand how this would work to help spool at the line. If I understand this correctly, even though you aren't reving the engine high, you are still "loading" the engine enough to spool the turbo? Man, I have a lot to learn.

5. TwoFastT3s

I messed with mine till I could get it to stall without pushing through the lights. 2300rpm for me and almost 2lbs of boost. With the E-brake on I can get it to 3000 in my driveway and about 5 lbs of boost. :chacha: :2thumbs:

6. River City Speed

What rpm converter are you using?

7. TwoFastT3s

I'm not sure what it was sold as, got it from a friend. It flashes to 4500ish though.... 10" I think. It's a little loose on the big end with 15% slip. Might get something else this winter.

Nate