1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Launching off a 2 step

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 302f150, Jul 19, 2011.

1. 302f150

Ok, just got my 2 step enabled and all. I was wondering if you guys are just dropping the clutch or a little bit slower than that. Trying not to be too hard on things. I have the stock posi unit with carbon fiber clutches and hardened 28spline axles. TKO transmission, aluminum driveshaft, should be up to the task correct?

2. Tgbstang90

The 2 guys that I know that run sticks don't just dump the clutch....they ease out on it. Both of them make about 5-7 psi on the 2 step at launch and boost comes on instantly.

3. kyle.t91

Don't just dump the clutch. Great way to break stuff. Been there and done that. I leave @ 4300rpm and about 10-14# of boost just ease out on the clutch to get the car moving then come of the clutch. It all happens so fast but it seems to work for me.

4. stack

Think if it like a quick slip... you want to slip a bit to ease the driveline shock but you want to get the wheels moving!