1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Larry Larson runs 6.95 @ 209 after a 1200 mile road trip! (VIDEO)

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 1320Video, Sep 19, 2010.

1. 1320Video

Larry Larson wins his 3rd, consecutive Drag Week & makes the first 6 second pass of Drag Week history, make sure to watch the whole video! Larry is one of the nicest guys in the drag racing community. The competition between him and Jeff Lutz was so damn cool to watch all week, The Lutz family is also one of the most friendly groups of people I've hung out with, great folks all around at Drag Week!

Jeff was only a few tenths behind Larry but shelled ht emotor pretty good on his last pass in Columbus, but still maed it and joined the 200MPH club making 3 different 200MPH passes during the week!

What an unbelievable end to an unbelievable week!!!

Congrats to Larry & gang!

http://1320video.com/dw10larson.php

Youtube link - lwF-kr91uxU[/media]]

Full Drag Week event coverage -
    http://1320video.com/dragweek.php

DVD Info - http://1320video.com/dw10dvd.php

2. slowfox

I watched that and think it is simply bad ass!!!

3. Agent86

the flames from the WG and tailpipes is cool.

4. Kellyo77

x100

I was cheering for him on the second pass. Cool stuff.

5. Drac0nic

Holy crap it wasn't that long ago that running mid-low 8s would clean up at Drag Week. Amazing car!

6. dug

damn thats fucking awesome. I can't believe it. Who builds his motors?

7. 1320Video

8. Anthony Fury

Wow. Why even try anymore?

9. PrecisionTurboMustang

Is he street driving it in the rain with slicks on the car?

10. fattirehotrods

Is the flame out the front of the car from the waste gate?

11. MONTEGOD7SS

Yes, and it is blowing flame because they use that to spool the turbos with a manual. Rally cars call it bang-bang, turbo drag cars are spool-assist or something similar.

12. Chacata

13. Unatural

Did he do the whole trip on his slicks? If so, that must have been scary as shit when you guys had to drive through all that rain. :eek:

14. Wanderer

Screw it, I quit. There's no reason to even try after this one. I'm selling the bucket and buying a shotgun and a lawn chair.

15. Agent86

I dont care about that, im certian i will score difference points if i ever make it to one...

i know noone has rolled either in of the cars i want to take, and likley wont :chacha:

16. Underpsi

Wasn't that 57 Chevy "street" car on nitrouse runnig 6's 10 years ago?

17. 67turbostang

Pretty sure they switch to street tires... there's the need-to-be-street-legal aspect of the competition.

18. RyanMayo

In past years, Hot Rod has reported that he did the whole trip on the same set of ET Streets. I'd wager he did the same this year since he's not pulling a trailer and there's clearly not enough room to put a spare set anywhere else in the car. Unless they changed the rules, support vehicles are not allowed.

19. 67turbostang

Was he doing that on ET's? Crazy.

20. Injected65

Larry runs the Hoosier Quick Time Pro's.