1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

looking for some help

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by Pro-SC, Nov 7, 2021.

1. Pro-SC

I just changed the throttle body on my truck as i was having serious problems with the previous BBK twin 56 and replaced it with a nos Edelbrock/BBK one hoping that it would be a better quality piece. It does work like it should except that my idle has gone completely bonkers. I have a pimp x shift that was installed and tuned for me with a custom adapter harness so i could use the factory harness with the pimp x. The only way i can get a normal idle is with the tps unpluged. Makes for hard starting and it seems like my timing is way to high on start up now. I dont really understand why so much could have changed. I am totally new to tuning and i fired it up and have a data log, hoping you guys can point me in the right direction.
    graph2.png #ad

2. Pro-SC

See if this is any better.
    graph3.png #ad

3. Pro-SC

Ahh, calibrate TPS! Rookie mistake, once I saw that I new that had to be my problem and it was!
    Now I will next need to work on the idle. Once it warms up the idle oscillates and almost will stall if not fully warm. I will play with that next weekend. I have to give you tuner guys kudo’s as this is pretty complicated for an old fart like me! But with patience and persistence I feel I will get a handle on this, just want to get it right before the real cold hits us.

B E N likes this.
  4. B E N

Make sure you don't have any vac leaks, makes tuning a lot easier :)

5. Pro-SC

I here you, trust me I have checked and rechecked for vacuum leaks so many times on this truck, it is all good.
    The truck runs great now just like it did when I picked it up, you can really tell listening to the motor while cruising down the road, it just purrs. I do have to work on the idle strategy as he did not do much there and I want to lean out the cruise AFR.

B E N likes this.
  6. SpartanSV

Something seems to be up with your MAP signal. Looks like it spikes low occasionally.