1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Land Rover Discovery 1 tdi Turbo ?

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by Cornish rattler, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Cornish rattler

Hi guys

Sorry I've not been on for a while as I have been busy working on my land rover defender aswell as a 1970 land Rover S2a which I am totally rebuilding which brings me to my question.

The new S2a chassis is fitted with a land rover discovery 200tdi engine and as regards the intercooler pipes and exhaust pipe I have found out that instead of fitting a 200tdi turbo ( 2.5tdi ) its better to fit a 300tdi turbo ( 2.5tdi ) as the intercooler pipe necks are at a different angle to the 200tdi turbo allowing the intercooler pipes to be routed better, the 300tdi turbo is completely turned round and facing the bulkhead which means the exhaust fits towards the front rather than at the back which makes fitting the exhaust better aswell.

I have also found out that the 300tdi turbo is set at 1.2 psi / bar and the 200tdi turbo set at 0.9 psi / bar, I am not sure what these settings mean and just wondered if anyone could tell me what these settings mean and what the differences would be as regards power or whatever please :eagerness:

2. Cornish rattler

Anyone :bounce:

3. turbo66

From your info above the 300tdi boost would be 1.2 bar (18psi) , and .9 bar (13.3psi) 200tdi respectively, the higher boost level (more oxygen) will allow more fuel to be added before egt's get dangerously high = more power