1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Turbine wheel/shaft piston ring

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Turbomann, May 18, 2018.

1. Turbomann

Mitsu TD04HL rebuild. I installed the piston ring onto the turbine shaft, rear groove. Spreading it over carefully by hand still opened it up a bit. It will not slide into the chra. So I pulled the piston ring off and set it by hand into the chra. The first land in the shaft will not clear the piston ring. So now how do I get the piston ring out? Yes I’ve done this before and yes I polished the lands on the shaft and the bore in the chra. Pick tools don’t grab it. Figured I could get the piston ring compressed back into shape and set the shaft that way. Guess not. Any help?

Last edited: May 12, 2018
  2. Bad Medicine Racing

So there is a groove in the housing for the ring? Every one I have torn apart the housing was slick except for the snap ring grooves that hold the bearings.

turbostang500 likes this.