1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Lancia Twin Cam Boost Issue

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jonnyhahn, May 21, 2018.

1. jonnyhahn

Hi guys, new to the forum and my knowledge on turbos is pretty limited so hopefully you can help!
    I have a Lancia Dedra Turbo which is an absolute dream to drive except one niggling turbo issue. In 3rd and 4th gear the turbo spools smoothly and boosts fully for around 5 seconds then suddenly the turbo will quite violently stall, and it feels like someone has just stamped on the break! it will lag for a couple of seconds then spools up again.
    I unplugged the boost pressure sensor to see if it was faulty and sensing a boost spike but the problem still occurs!
    All advice will be much appreciated!
    Jonny

2. Traction Issuez

Pull the turbo. Pull over the compressor and turbine housings and see if the wheels have hit the housings.