1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

strange vs aerospace

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by SHOWTIME!!, Oct 3, 2009.

1. SHOWTIME!!

Just kind of curious as to brake sysem is better. Im getting ready to finally order mine. BTW it is going on an 99 gt.

2. 10secgoal

Not sure about strange, but have a car here with aerospace up front, and it's all bolted together. but no provisions for tie wire. Me no likey. Definitely quality looking stuff.

3. LowBoostinT76

I've always heard strange, and I love their products.
    But I have aerospace rears and haven't had a problem with them, they stop and look great.
    Remember there are a few different types of aerospace and strange brakes, full drag track only and street versions. That will make a big difference or which ones your going to want to run.

4. 84notch

Strange is better

5. stangman9897

Wilwood. :2thumbs:

6. TeamZmotorsports

Strange is higher quality, weigh the options and do the serches there is about $100 difference between the two and the quality alone is worth the money!

7. 99TTGT

If you are going to use the stock OEM 99/04 spindle
    Strange only offers a 2 piston caliper for that application
    Aerospace offers a 4 piston caliper for that application
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you are going to use a $500 dollar race craft spindle ,then you can use a fox body style calipers from any on those companies
    You can also use a stock OEM fox body spindles ..
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Is just a matter of what you like or what you want to use.

strange2spot.jpg #ad

8. 91 Turbo Sedan

Hands down Strange

9. 10secgoal

Would have loved a kit from either, but really afraid of killing that rotor around town. :( Gonna do dual wilwoods for mine.

10. bdmach1

I did a TON of reading on this, and talked to alot of my friends who have run one brand or another on their cars. I ended up choosing Wilwood for my Mach1, I picked up some 87-93 foxbody spindles and went with this kit for the Mach mostly because I liked the idea of a fully vented rotor and was rated for cars that weigh OVER 2,800lbs. Still light weight (only 6lbs. more than the Strange), but will be able to haul my 34-3500lb. street car down at with no trouble. 8)

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/WIL-140-7589D/?image=large

11. 10secgoal

That's what I plan to get for mine to match the rear. BUT, from experience, they do, kinda hum a little when you stop. Wilwood says it'sz normal, and from the AL hub, fwiw