1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

lack of camber adjustment need advice

Discussion in 'Suspension, Chassis and Tire Tech' started by Wallace, Sep 25, 2009.

1. Wallace

I am having a problem getting enough adjustment to set my camber. The best I can get it is .75+. I have MM cc plates, strange fox struts, 94 spindles w/pbr brakes, 1/2" hubcentric spacer, D&D K and fox a-arms, weld pro star skinnies with a 26" tire. The .75+ is with the plates all the way in. I know you can slot the strut for additional adjustment, would this get me enough to get it set? Do I need to modify the strut tower as well? I followed the instructions that came with the cc plates, if installed incorrectly could this cause the issue I have? It doesn't look like the strut tower is preventing the plate from going all the way over. I'm using turn plates and a fastrax gauge to check/adjust. Any help is greatly appreciated.

2. 86lxnotch

iirc you can swith the smaller top plate from side to side to gain more neg camber

3. Wallace

Hey it was the top plate I had them on upside down. Now I've got room on the plates but the strut is hitting the tower so I'll have to disassemble and grind the strut tower away so I can go all the way over and while I'm at it I'm going to grind it so I can move the caster back a good ways too. Thanks.

4. Wallace

So correcting the plate and clearancing the tower only gets me -1/4* of camber. Has anyone else had this problem, I searched and didn't see anyone with this trouble. The other two things I know to get additonal adjustment would be to change over to sn95 arms or slot the strut. If anyone has slotted the strut info on how to do that would be great. Thanks.

5. Briansshop

6. Wallace