1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Rate the Avatar

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 99TTGT, May 5, 2013.

1. 99TTGT

rate the avatar game.
    Give a score of 1 for the worst and 10 for the best best .
    Comment on whats good or not so good.
    you can also rate the signature if you like...

:popcorn:

2. ronlp

It's a bummer without gifs. My Octovarium animation ruled. I feel like part of my identity stayed on the old board, lol.

3. 99TTGT

well we go to work with what we got.!
    Ron make it work, make it work.....

Last edited: May 6, 2013
  4. Agent86

I miss my Old Washing Machine with a Brick in it Avatar..
    But this one suits as well.

5. TDmkr496

^^ I like this one, it always makes me snicker. Used to work with an old school dude who used to tell us to "Harden the fuck up" lol

6. MONTEGOD7SS

Are animated avatars not enabled on here or something? The brick in the washer always made me smile.

7. PrecisionTurboMustang

My two year old flirting with the hooters waitress..what could be better?

8. stangman9897

I was just wondering who killed Monte's snake. lol

Just tried to put my other one up that ronlp made for me and it won't let me , wtf , says no animated images ?

Ken been at it again ?

9. MONTEGOD7SS

This thread reminded me of the one I always use on forums so I changed it back. Gadsden flag is my desktop.

I know vBulletin can do animated avatars, as other sites I'm on has them. My "Bring Back the Washing Machine" campaign starts now!

10. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Animate = larger file sizes. I can turn it on, but it was turned off as part of the many speed optimizations I've done for the site. Things like that really impact dialup and our overseas visitors (our 3nd largest user base is Australia).

11. ronlp

We can't be responsible for the technological infrastructure of third world countries. :D

i vote pro-gif!

12. stangman9897

X 2 I took it down when i was having problems when the change was made, but it wouldn't take it today, i even tried the boob gif and wouldn't take it either. :sad:

13. stangman9897

Hell they are a day ahead of us anyway so being a little slower shouldn't matter. :biggrin-new:

14. TTF/Ken Staff Member

US average page load time: < 5sec
    Australia and most of Europe is: 8 - 20 sec.

Studies show roughly about 10% of visitors bounce (leave the site before going further) every 1 second above an initial 3-5 second wait. Unfortunately, overseas has little to do with technology and more with physics and the number of hops between the server and them.

I'll change it in VBulletin's :attention: settings to allow it and will see how it impacts things.

15. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Okay, all set for Certified Techs, mods, and After Dark members.

16. MONTEGOD7SS

Well that sucks, lol. I still haven't paid up for my Quagmires.

17. 99TTGT

10 for a hand signal of fire

18. TTF/Ken Staff Member

Well, I have to give some sort of incentive for joining, heh heh. And activity in there recently has picked up.

19. Cox Abele

I don't even know what mine is any more.

Edit: shit, that's pretty homo. :apologetic:

20. jaquetapus

Yep, pretty gay. I'll give it a 6, cause it fits your personality/lifestyle. :cupcake: