1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just wanted to say thanks to everyone!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by onefst86gt, Jun 23, 2008.

1. onefst86gt

Hey guys, as many of you know I (we) run the NMRA circuit. I drive one drag radial car while my dad handles the chores of driving the other. Last weekend (June 13-15) in Milan we had a really good weekend. We got down the track with both cars with 60' in the mid 1.30s and I ended up chucking a rod in the burnout box 1st round. My dad in the blow thru car ended up going to the semi's with consistent 8.60-70 times. We are still sneaking up on the power as we are only on 17#'s of boost right now so we have plenty left to run. Just wanted to say thanks to all here that have helped us with anything along the way.

KEVIN at CSU :2thumbs: for a great carb, works flawless and runs great, consistent AFR in the 10.9 range! :D

Robert1320 - Couldn't ask for more help from Robert, he's always around when I need a helping hand, whether it be at noon or midnight, I know I can depend on him if I need something, Thanks :D

MY91HotRod- Bill, Thanks for everything and let us know if you need anything :D

TIMS86- Mr. Huspen, thanks for all your help with all the questions I had when I started this journey last year, I wouldn't be here without you, and let me know when you get that hunk running, I'll drive anytime for you. :D

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. conbread

i bet it would'nt have thrown a rod if it was still blowthru!!!!! HAHA.. good job man those are some very sweet and fast cars you have :2thumbs:

3. jim wingo

pretty cool-congrats to your dad

4. Tims86-9.80

You guys have paid your dues so its time for some good performance.

Let me know if you need some engine parts, maybe we can help out.

5. onefst86gt

The rod bolts broke clean so I believe thats what started it all. The good thing about taking the motor apart was seeing that the tops of all the pistons were all good, no melting or anything like that so i know that the tune was good atleast :doh:. Its the expensive way of looking but at this level of racing, eventually your going to hurt parts.

6. My91HotRod

Not that I had time to do much for you Pete but your welcome. Thanks for having the fuel with you also, I thought I had brought enough with me even without running on Friday due to the rain I was scrambling for some.

Sucks to hear about your motor, were you using the S2000 bolts? But good to hear that you tune was working.

We learned a ton about our car this weekend as well. Tim Huspen, Brian Collert, Matt Reese and myself pulled an all nighter on Saturday going through the car and we also found that the C&S carb is working flawlessly and the motor was as fresh as the day Jamey put it together. Alittle fixing up on the intake runners and some valve seat maintenance ( thank's Jamey and Jeff ) we were good to go. Now with the help of the new front struts and out with the old and in with a new anti-roll bar from Dave Z we should have our inconsistent 60's fixed. Just got to get her fine tuned :D.

Good seeing you guy's there and hope to see you in Colombus. Look at that game face in the background.

[​IMG]#ad

7. PEARL MUSSIN

Congrats Pete... Must be hell having a 2 car team in the same class.. Both cars look great!

Jeremy

8. Tims86-9.80

I see the problem right now Bill, I will call later.

Think nothing of it was fun. :stupid:

Your car is a pain in the ass, never had this much trouble getting a good 60ft before. We will get it.

Too much power baby!!!!!

9. onefst86gt

I see the problem too. :D

10. 78_Trunk

Robert1320, has been the most help! I could not have got my car where it is without him!
    And great prices too!

Thanks to Kevin@CSU too.