1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just wanted to say hello and THANKS!!

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by Flyinlowss, May 18, 2009.

1. Flyinlowss

First time poster on this site but I have been reading and viewing for a few months. The info and tech references on this site are amazing and helped my transition from N2O to blow-through quite painless. :2thumbs: :cheers:

1972 El Camino
    350/TH400 with Vortech blow-throughT-Trim at 13#s

2. franktf

Welcome, and that's a nice lookin El Camino..... :2thumbs:

3. Nisan_Catron

can I ask how much juice were you on, and now psi? any other changes and performance...how does it compare....

4. Flyinlowss

Thanks guys.

It only had a 100hp shot(probly 200 bottles) but I wasnt wanting as much boost as I have but with the 7" crank pulley, around 4500-5000rpm it hits about 13psi with a 3.48 charger pulley. I have a SBC 396 in the making so this is the experimental engine.

As far as difference, initial hit is a little slower but makes up and surpasses it rather quick. It drives completely different and is like a never ending bottle. I am hooked, and finally, after carb mods, got the A/F to 11.5 under WOT and 13.7-14 idle.