1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

>> What boost controller are you using? <<

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by inertia, Nov 30, 2004.

?

Which boost controller are you using?

1. EBC

28.6%
  2. Manual

71.4%
  1. inertia

I had some issues with my GReddy PRofec B Spec II and was wondering what have you used that was successful. Please post your opinion.

2. Trentk

3. 89coupe

Greddy Profec B Spec II

Hopefully AEM one day.

4. fast4d

5. ShaneH

Innovative MSBC-1

6. SWT Racing

I'm currently not running any boost controller, but eventually I'd like to use the Innovative MSBC-1.

7. spankustang

I'm just using a manual controller. Only cause I'm too cheap to buy an electric one!!!!

8. inertia

keep the replies coming guys, what do you guys like about the AEM unit? Can you please give me more info on that controller? And for the guys running the Spec, are you having any issues with it?

9. boostfed

The AEM boost controller is part of the AEM EMS, it uses a GM boost control solenoid to control boost. Best thing I've ever used. Control boost based on gear, speed, whatever. You can have it dial back boost if it detects wheel slip as part of the traction control problem. You can set up a switch to easily flip between 2 different boost curves. If you look at spending 400 dollars on an AVC-R, then however much for a MAF and a chip you're already nearing the price of the AEM, but the AEM has so many more features.

10. Snipe656

Is there an AEM for a 2002 stang out yet? You still running the Saleen computer in that or did you trashcan that door stopper?

11. Andrew

12. inertia

Wow that sounds bad ass. Do you need a Laptop handy to program it occasionally?

I called AEM just right now and they do not make it for the '99+ Modulars yet. Only '95 or older. :( ECU is now a stock unit. I wonder if it would be difficult and beneficial for me to switch to an older computer.

13. White Cobra331

The new MSD 7562.....its awesome! It will do everything the high dollar innovative one will do but its less than 200 bucks.

14. JimVT

:D

15. INTMD8

:tu:

16. turbocobra

Did you ever get a chance to go to the track to see how well the MSD unit actually worked?

I currently have a manual, but am looking to go with either the MSBC-1 or the MSD depending on feedback on real world track experiences...

17. WaterPog

Is said manual in .pdf or on paper? I would love to get a copy of the manual and software to take a look at if possible.

I'm also looking at the possibility of adding an MSD boost controller next year.

18. SWT Racing

If it had a function to control boost while on the transbrake, I would buy it tomorrow, but according to MSD, it only has the capability to control boost after the transbrake is released.

19. WaterPog

What the gay?

20. SWT Racing

Is that some sort of encryped message? :D