1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just picked up a BIG F'n turbo, What is it??

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by kingyeddi, Dec 1, 2004.

1. kingyeddi

Just picked it up tonight. Got it for the low. If its not too big, I'll use it on a SBC and drop it in my S10:cool: Anyway, heres a description of the turbo. I'll post pics as soon as my sisters cam is done charging.

Theres a tag on the compressor side. it goes somthin like:

DSS Pro Diesel
    Part# AR45730RE6
    Serial# 98090903PD
    Model# VT-50

The largest part of the inlet on the compressor end is about 4 1/2" in dia and necks down to about 2 3/4" at the wheel. On the exhaust side its about 4 1/4" at the widest and necks down to 3 1/4". Not sure if this helps much. I dont see the A/R stamped in the housing.

I'm gonna post some pics in a min. I need to know if its way too big for a SBC 350. If not then I'll go ahead and turbo the S10 instead of the inline six LTD :cool:

2. zona70

3. kingyeddi

Thanks but I'm really trying to find out if its too big for a SBC 350? I'll post the pics if anybody needs to see it, but it looks like the other VT50s that have been posted before. So, is it too big? or worth a shot...

4. mac460