1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

PTK Install Pics - Part 2

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by rao, Mar 7, 2004.

1. rao

Made some progress yesterday and the kit istelf is all in except for the y-ppe and the exhaust :D

Here are some pics before the front end goes back on.

2. rao

2 of 5

3. rao

3 of 5

4. rao

4 of 5

5. rao

5 of 5

So far I have been very pleased with the fit and quality of the kit and its components. The few missing parts were sent immediately to me (except for the new AC lines which will be here soon (and since it is 40 outside that's not a problem). The instructions are useless, except for the pcitures, but it is not hard to figure out how it all goes together. I would recommend that PTK just update their website with a bunch of pics showing how everything goes together instead of waiting to do a revised manual.

Thumbs up for PTK :tu:

In a few weeks it will be running again......

6. 92FivePointSlow

looking good! this is getting me more excited for my kit!

do you have a GT or LX?

7. rao

LX - which required a lot more cutting of the bumper cover than a GT, or so I am told.

8. scubastang5

hey rao i thought about getting those wheel rollers...are they pretty handy? how far do they lift the car up? I wouldn't imagine you'd want to work under there though without jackstands though right?

9. rao

They are very handy and I highly recommend them. They raise the car just a few inches so you can get to some things under the car, but for anything serious you still need to raise the car up higher.

10. Alex332

everything looks good!

how long would u say it's taken you to finish?

11. rao

Well the car has been apart for months :D

The turbo kit itself has only taken a few hours to put in.

Re-running the wires, taking the bumper off, etc. has taken a lot longer. There is still a lot to do, but it is getting closer.

12. Cannon Fodder

Do you have a picture of where you had to cut to get the intercooler piping to fit?

Thanks.

13. rao

I can take some.

It may be easier with the bumper still off.

I can tell you that I left the very bottom of the bumper cover in tact, you have to cut about half of the bottom part.

14. papis408w

congrats on the install of your kit!!! I too was thinking that PTK should just take step by step pictures of the install since the manual doesn't really help much. I'm waiting for the weather to get better here so I can start my installation. I spoke to Greg about the slits that I was asking about and he said thats the way they were cut and that its still sturdy. He also told me that I have to cut my bumper bracket and install the one that came w/ the kit. Did anybody else have to do that? or is just 5.8 kits?Greg also said that 5.8 kits come with a longer intercooler 27in. vs 24in. for 302 based kits. Guess this is why the bracket needs to be cut.:(

15. ShaneH

Very nice!

16. Cannon Fodder

By chance you did take the pictures before you put the cover back on didn't you? :)

17. rao

Do you mean of the bumper itself? I only had to trim about 1/4" off of it in 2 places.

18. Cannon Fodder

Was that what you were refering to, just the fiberglass bumper?

19. rao

Yep, the fiberglass part.

20. Cannon Fodder

Bleh I screwed up the quote in the other post. :loll: Ok though, you refered to it as an inner brace which threw me off. So the kit requires no real modifications other than scrapping the smog pump, right?