1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

DO I NEED TO PUT ANY KIND OF RTV ???

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by jaywill, Oct 29, 2010.

1. jaywill

ON OIL FEED & DRAIN ADAPTERS :huh:

2. blacksaleen95

excess rtv into the oil feed = dunzo turbo...

I wouldn't recommend using RTV on either. Make sure the both surfaces are dry and clean when you put on the drain adapter and use the normal gasket.

3. cat herder

For tapered pipe fittings (NOT straight thread fittings like tube nuts or AN fittings) use teflon paste.

Also, WHY ARE YOU SHOUTING??!

4. jaywill

thanks guys :2thumbs: my bad on the caps 8)

5. svooh

Don't use anything on the feed-line. I've seen bits of teflon plugging up the thrust-bearing feed holes and that's a quick way to ruin the turbo.

You can use a light film of RTV or go dry on the drain gasket. It usually doesn't leak dry.

6. jaywill

thanks