1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

how to quite down a surge valve

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by jim wingo, Jul 11, 2011.

1. jim wingo

i have the big red "open" style valve, makes a lot of noise (air) driving along, unless i floor it, closing it, lol-is there something i could wrap around it that would still let it work but cut the noise (prob not)
    i hate to buy a new one, prob could get the closed style and route it out the front-i prob dont need the red one anyway, but that is what came with it (F1A)-i dont remember it being a problem on other cars, but i insulated this car pretty good, and tried to quite the exhaust down, so now i hear other stuff, lol (i dont mind the blower whine)

2. chad434sc

I have the same one if yours is the Procharger one. I cant hear mine but I have a cog drive belt and it is noisy as hell! I love it!