1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

40 chevy single turbo build.

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by Boosted40Chevy, Jun 28, 2021.

1. Boosted40Chevy

For the last several years I have slowly been building a 1940 chevy 2 door sedan. I traded for the car despite my better judgement telling me this was going to be a shit build and It has been 2 years in the making for it to still be a roller in my garage lol. I have attached some of the pics of the progress of the build in some what of a order.

1.jpg #ad

6.jpg #ad

9.jpg #ad

14.jpg #ad

19.2.jpg #ad

25.jpg #ad

Disney Lincoln likes this.
  2. Boosted40Chevy

when i got the car some one else had started the project as a rat rod which was my intentions to finish it as but I had to fix some of the sheet metal issues the car had. It had also been set on a s10 chassis and it wasnt the best job. I sub framed it with a nova rear steer clip to fix the issues the org frame had.

37.jpg #ad

42.jpg #ad

49.jpg #ad

52.jpg #ad

53.01.jpg #ad

76.2.jpg #ad

View attachment 785074 #ad

B E N likes this.
  3. flyinhillbilly

I like it, and it looks like you’re doing a nice job with it.

4. Boosted40Chevy

Thank you, this is my cobble build. I have a 38 chevy I put together for my dad that is done the nice and correct way lol. Mine is for fun and just learning purposes. Ive tried new things on this car hence the turbo motor with EFI

86.jpg #ad

87.jpg #ad

B E N and flyinhillbilly like this.
  5. 55bowtie

Looks like its gonna be pretty badass ride.

6. Boosted40Chevy

Thank you, I hope it turns out pretty good. Its been so hot here that I havent been to the shop at all this week.