1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Just another blow thru MP-T70 build thread

Discussion in 'LS1, LS2, LS6, LT1, SBC Turbo and other GM Specfic Turbo Tech' started by NoBoostNoGo, Jan 12, 2010.

1. NoBoostNoGo

Finally getting started on this project i'm not looking to break any records. This car went 13.2 @ 103 with stock suspension with adjustable torq arm and 3.73s little cam and flat tops I'm hoping to get high 11s to low 12s with this engine and turbo but when it blows im hoping high 10s to low 11s with more boost and built motor. Im a college student so this might go sorta slow, hoping to have it running by april of '10

ENGINE
    keeping what i have in there for now until something breaks
    -hydro. roller. 212/218 .488/495 112 lsa cam 1.6rr
    -stock bore 350 hyp. flat tops
    -64cc ported heads
    -single plane victor jr intake

FUEL
    I am hoping to put the carb in a box and ship it to the guys at CSU for the blow thru mods and get one of their carb hats. I will be running a mallory boost referenced fuel pressure regulator 4309 with -6an feed line and -8an return line. Right now i will keep my single walbro in tank, i can always put another one in later on. 2 -6 an lines to each bowl.

IGNITION/TUNING
    I ordered a msd 6al-2 digital programmable 6530 so i can tweak the timing curve as well as launch controls and rev limiters. I will lock timing at around 36* and adjust everything on my computer. Magnetic pick up distributor and blaster 2 coil

undecided on wideband should i go lc-1 or aem uego???

TURBO PARTS
    master power t70 with .96 housing, -3 an oil feed line with no restrictor, -10 an return line. 2.5" hot side pipes to a 31x12x3 intercooler and 3" from ic to carb hat and 3" downpipe. and 3" borla cat back system. Havent decided on headers yet but i think i might give those chinese single turbo headers a try.

DRIVETRAIN
    swaping rear end with my brother, he is getting my freshly rebuilt 10 bolt posi with 3.73s and i'm getting his freshly rebuilt 9 bolt posi with 3.45s i figured lower gears would help. adjustable torque arm, adjustable panhard arm, umi lca, and relo. brackets. I have KyB GFX all around but might go with 50/50s in the back all through a t56 and since i have all the interior out i will go ahead and install the roll cage.

MISC
    Not the right place to talk about this but i ripped all the interior out and will be installing a 02 ws6 dash with its matchin center console for a 6speed as well as a full autometer gauge set

All comments, concerns advice are appreciated :)

This is gonna be interesting!!!!!
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

this one needs some sandblasting
    [​IMG]#ad

test fitting the intercooler

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

2. NoBoostNoGo

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

3. NoBoostNoGo

i sand blasted the intake last night and cleaned it
    [​IMG]#ad

and pained it
    [​IMG]#ad

4. NoBoostNoGo

i also made an upper mounting bracket for the intercooler i still have to make a bottom one but i ran out of steel
    [​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

Im gonna have to make some relocation mounting bracket for the power steering lines
    [​IMG]#ad

im gonna have to get creative with the bottom mounting bracket for the ic.

5. NoBoostNoGo

doing a little bit of test fitting with the headers,
    [​IMG]#ad

i have tall valve covers to clear the 1.6 rr so i will either have to modify that one valve cover or ad like a 1 1/2" spacer to the turbo manifold other thand that the manifolds fit decent, i just ordered a 2.5" stainless steel vband assembly kit for the crossover pipe and i have to modify the manifold flange to clear my fan switch and the gauge sender unit on the heads.
    Im still researching the spark plugs with no much success
    [​IMG]#ad

6. NoBoostNoGo

ok so i was able to get some cold range shorty style plugs at a local performance shop they are autolite ar132 for anyone needing short cooler range plugs
    [​IMG]#ad

I took the performance air-gap intake off and test fitted the victor jr and come to realize i bought the wrong one, it is the one for pre 1986 sbc heads with angled center plugs [​IMG]#ad

luckily i was able to put it on the milling machine at home and fix the holes so that wasnt a biggie, i will hopefully put it on tomorrow.

[​IMG]#ad

7. patl

I like. :2thumbs: