1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

boost controller and carb

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by TwinCobra, Aug 29, 2020.

1. TwinCobra

I have a 427 dart, forged internals, custom racetech pistons, trickflow 205 11r heads, custom fti camshaft, twin 72mm turbonetics, msd programmable 6al, Prosystems blow through carb, a1000 pump.

Im looking at making around 1100 hp, but I can't get it to hook. I'm looking into getting a eboost boost controller, but I'm wondering if it will be able to be used. Can I retard the timing by gear with the msd box as I ramp up the boost? Can I keep my fuel pressure at a specific psi or does it need to increase as the boost increases? I've looked, but can't seem to find any threads about running a controller with a blow through.

2. Mnlx

I don't know much about the 6al2 so i'm not sure about by gear, but definitely by boost level. You can run a controller with a carb, and yes you need a rising rate fuel regulator.