1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Jetting with boost

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by vht, Aug 25, 2020.

1. vht

Was thinking about this the other day, if you convert a Holley to blow thru and had the PV plugged and say 86 jets in the secondaries, would you drop the jetting back some when installing a BRPV? I've got a nice 850 DP with annular boosters that I was thinking about converting if I go turbo. I'll be running an AFR gauge but I was just curious about a starting point.

2. turboisuzu

i had an air cooled vw shop tune my weber i wish i could be of more help sorry

3. Mnlx

Typically, yes. The general rule of thumb is that most stock pvcr's are the equivalent of about 10 jet sizes. In the end, it's all decided by what the engine wants. You may not even need a pv in the secondary.