1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Jetting and boost

Discussion in 'Carburetor + Boost Tech Questions' started by 67TurboChevelle, Mar 16, 2006.

1. 67TurboChevelle

Right now I am running 10lbs of boost with a D1SC on a 400 inch small block. I have a new pulley coming that will push this to 15lbs of boost. Based on everyones experience with a blow through carb and boost increase, how much should I bump up the jetting with this new boost level???

2. Lincs 84 351

Do you have a wideband?

My own personal experience (FWIW) is that if the jetting is good at 8 psi it'll be good at 12 and 16 and 20......

3. Lincs 84 351

browse the database..........

Short answer to your Q........it depends.

4. jdpepper

Like linc says, it depends. I took the car to a tnt w/ the 70/95 jets and it fell on its face(tooooo rich) but at the dyno the day before it made 850+hp. Its probably better to err on the rich side and take fuel out if needed.