1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Jegs V-band clamps

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Chris95svt, May 7, 2004.

1. Chris95svt

Making this post to let people know that Jegs does sell V-Band clamps, and they are REALLY nice. Much better then the ones I got from Turbolocity (Crap). They are made by the same company, but these ones offer a bigger t-bolt then the ones I had.

Link to Clamps

2. rao

I wonder if the flanges are a standard width so that you could use any brand V-band clamp on any flanges?

Pics

3. scubastang5

how do the ones from Napa compare to these guys? They are much cheaper....anyone with experience with them?

4. rao

Part # for the NAPA clamps???

5. rao

6. mikew1000

I am not sure if the Napa will fit the ones from Jegs but you have to be careful with mixing parts. When I was doing some research I called a few people who actually make the clamps and they gave me some good information. You have to be careful about the angle and thickness of the flanges because there are hundreds of different combinations. Some more information about the ones from Jegs, they purchase them from Dynatech who only make the weld on flanges. Dynatech outsources the actual clamp from someone like RG Ray corporation and sell it as a set. I think they are great and have them on my car.

I also agree with Chris that the ones from Turbolocity are shit. Maybe we could get a refund. LOL

Chris, how is the boost controller coming along?

7. Chris95svt

Boost controller is in, but it's doing much because I don't have a wastegate on the car yet. Waiting from the Welding guy to tell me when he is ready for the car.

bridal-shoal