1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by TRAXX, Nov 28, 2004.

1. TRAXX

This is actually for my brother's car. Right now hes building up a combo using an 83mm turbo. So I would estimate the HP to be in the 1000-1200 range. Would he run into problems if he were to use some 160 lb injectors? Mainly he was hoping to buy the injectors once and then have something to grow into in the future.

If it matters, he will be running a FAST system.

TIA

2. turbostang

Trevor - man.. they are good for upwards of 2000 hp.. Owen will be fine. I use the same injectors on my car right now.. on that last 6.2x pass the injectors were barely over 30% duty cycle. :D

3. rick90lx

4. twinturbostang

Re: Re: Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

How well do they idle? Any idea what kind of streetability they might have?

5. 351Freak

they idle just fine on my 408...i think duty cycle was approx 2-3% at approx 40 psi. this was N/A.

everyone was suprised that you could just reach in the car and twist the key to start it...but it did and worked perfectly.

A9 cpu with PMS set up for low impedence on an AOD.

cam was a 223/231 @ 50...left over from the 357 days.

you can go in and adjust the actual "turn on time" in most efi systems...don't know the actual #'s...but 1.4-1.8 milliseconds rings a bell....been awhile since I had it runnin...but this will let you dial in how the injector behaves.

6. TRAXX

Re: Re: Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

Oh I know they are good for mad HP. I was just wondering if they would work on a car making considerably less than what these injectors can feed. And looks like the answer is yes.

Well this is all for not as said 160 were sold:eek:

7. turbostang

Re: Re: Re: Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

In my car it idled acceptable. Not perfect but I only had it running for a week and didn't get any good tuning time. I also did NOT have sequential setup either. It idled at about 9.9:1 but as soon as you gave it any gas it went to 13:1 pretty quick. Again I had no experience with FAST in the past (no pun intended). I am also pretty sure that with the 16V charging system I am switching to that the car will be much more responsive down low because of the injector opening time will drastically reduce with the 16V systme.. therefor the idle should get a whole lot better.

You're not to far off :stickhit:

8. DASHIP

I run 160s on the street. My engine runs a little rich, at around 12:1 or 12.5:1. If I lean it out a little, the engine starts to hunt some, so I leave it rich for now. Other than that, idles and drives fine on the street. I have a sequential FAST.

9. rick90lx

Re: Re: Re: Re: Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

You're not to far off :stickhit: [/B][/QUOTE]

Oh, my bad. I didn't know eveyone wants 160's for 1200 hp..:rolleyes:

10. turbostang

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Low impedence injectors(160lb): How low can you run the duty cycle?

I think you mis-understood what I meant. I was talking about the "SSO car" not bieng "too far off".. :D

11. rick90lx

Oh, then commence with the stick beating!:D