1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Jegs SBF heads

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by turbo54, Nov 28, 2004.

1. turbo54

2. Red91StangCT

EACH......Read the fine print. You think you can get a PAIR of brand new alum. heads for that much???????? If that's the Jeg's/Kazee head, then it's a good price. Granted, they need special valve covers. Kazee head made 520hp on a NA junk yard block with victor intake and 750cfm carb. Def a good head.

3. turbo54

Yeah, I just noticed that...

D'oh!

Yeah, thats no deal at all...

However, do a search for "cheap australian heads", and you'll find you can pick up a pair of Victor Jr. copy heads for $535/pair bare, or $800 assembled.

4. 5.0Vert

those heads are supposed to be badass but they really screw you. First some idiot will buy the heads, then he'll have to order valvesprings,etc. and when he goes to put on the valve covers he's going to be out another few hundred cuz you have to get special ones from jegs

5. turbo54

The heads I started this thread about are *not* the badass Jegs heads designed by John Kaase.

The Kaase heads are $869 a pop assembled for a solid roller.

I'm not really sure whats up with those heads though...they have a 247cc intake port!!??

Hmmmm...

6. Gnon

Heard some where the are canfields:rolleyes:

7. 351Freak

quote: "However, do a search for "cheap australian heads", and you'll find you can pick up a pair of Victor Jr. copy heads for $535/pair bare, or $800 assembled."

that'd be me...800 assembled...for my "little car...the 302"

results were 285HP/302Tq at the wheels with an AOD and all accessories thru an untouched RPM upper and Prof. Prod. lower (very restrictive) and smallish 1-1/2" long tubes...

gat a call in to Ed Curtis right now to get me a cam and intake combo as well as his recommendation on new headers...

I'm hoping to make 320-340 at the wheels when its all over with.
    I want to shift a 7 grand and peak around 6200-6500.

BTW...my stock valve covers fit just fine with Erson 1.7 billet rockers on ;-)