1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

do you see any problems ?

Discussion in 'Carbination Lounge' started by rare bird, Nov 13, 2009.

1. rare bird

With using a 25lb. moroso tire pressure gage to check and hold max. boost pressure.
    I was thinking of an affordable method of retaining max. boost readings inside the car and thought of using my tire pressure gage as it holds a max. reading.
    Also where is the best place to take this reading ( I would assume at the hat?)
    Looking for your thoughts?

2. Slim

My 1st thought was no way that will work. But I don't know why it wouldn't work as long as it's sealed up air tight. Those gages are accurate. Don't know how long the guage would last though; I wouldn't leave it hooked up for too long; maybe just to get the data on a couple hits. Hat location would work fine. just my 2¢...

3. 10secgoal

Don't see why not. I'd go manifold if you are recording boost. Other wise it'll be higher in the hat. Although I don't know how that gauge would react to vacuum.

4. rare bird

Thanks for the replies! seems like a very cost effective way to check max. pressure. the bleed valve will also allow quick zero out which I like.
    Any other comments will be great!

5. blown385

Walmart has a cheap tire pressure gauge that can be modified . You just take the end off and put a barbed fitting ground down to fit , then add a better gauge . This one has a 15psi gauge on it but I've recently went to a 0 - 30psi . :D

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

6. rdakota340

Thats my next project right there!

7. rare bird

So I share my new found idea!! (new to me that is) well I guess I off to get another tire pressure gage!

8. blown385

If your going to use the gauge I used ....... remember , the gauge uses an o-ring . So when you take the cheap one off to put a better gauge on it , it only has to be finger tight or it will be slow to react or it wont read at all . Or I guess you can just use the gauge that comes on it , but I like the small gauges and the position of them .

Funny , after I put this in my truck , I don't even look at the boost gauge anymore .

You can also use this piece to run in line on your boost gauge line for memory .

9. slow8.0

10. blown385

I was at Walmart today , so I picked up another gauge .

This is the one I use ............ $ 6

[​IMG]#ad

11. turbotbirds

Damn it boy! This whole past year, we were wishing we had a way to see max boost! That is why I love this forum, cheap, good ideas that work!

Thanks

12. slow8.0

X2