Jamie's 89 Turbo Coupe

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Feb 25, 2013.

By TTF/Ken on Feb 25, 2013 at 11:11 AM
  1. TTF/Ken Staff Member

IMG_0115.jpg
    Background:
    I got the car back in April of 2006, I had just sold my 2000 Mustang GT to a friend. So after paying of my debts, I had to get my third Stang, and I knew this was going to be turbo'd. So I picked the car up with 117xxxkm's drove it for about a week then tore it apart. I had a friend do the piping for me then I installed everything in my sloped driveway. a couple months had gone by and summer was wrapping up. so i was only able to drive it for about a month with the turbos on it. tracked it once and that didn't go so well, spun into 4th gear then hooked, but i still managed a good mph. I know it has the power to hit low 12's to high 11's, which is really good considering everything is stock. Over the winter season of 2007 I tore it all apart again to port some of the piping, and add the sheet metal intake, clean some wiring up and send it out for paint. I have tried to sell it a couple times, but everyone usually backs out once they find out why the car hisses once the throttle is let off. I'm finding that fox bodies are a dying age where I live (Hamilton Ontario Canada) maybe because of the winters eating away at them, or insurance and gas. I think what I will try and do is hold on to this one, at least until cash is waved into my face. thanks for taking the time to read this, if you have any questions please email me. Thank you turbomustangs.com / theturboforums.com for having this site, and thanks to Trent for dealing with me and being patient over the past 5 months.

Current Combo

Turbo System: Twin Garrett t3/t4, system was built by me. Turned out to be cheaper but way more of a pain and hassle

Engine and Management System: Engine block is completely stock, even the throttle body and intake. management system? Mass air calibrated for 42# injectors counts

Induction and Fuel: Stock throttle body, custom sheet metal upper with gt-40 lower ported,42#injectors,kirban fpr,1 255 in tank and 1 255 inline

Ignition and Exhaust: Taylor wires, Motorcraft plugs, stock distributor and coil,2.5"stainless piping all heat wrapped, Magnaflow cats, Magnaflow catback

Transmission and rear: Sage 2 clutch, clutch stock rear.

Front Suspension: Eibach Prokit, with a tubular setup coming soon

Rear Suspension: Eibach Prokit with coilover setup

Tires and rims: 5 bolt conversion with 18x8.5 and 18x9.5 ruff racing wheels, with 225-40-18 Nitto 555 on front and 275-35-18 Nitto 555's on rear

Body: Dech body kit, shaved down a bit, custom mixed blue with a bunch of pearls, Mach 1 hood,

Other: trying to have as little gauges as possible so I have boost, oil, and air fuel. they sit in the center vent.

Future plans: Well a block would be nice with aluminum heads, custom cam and a fuel system to support. turn the boost up a bit and cruise it. Maybe sell it if the right price comes along.

100_0305.jpg IMG_8390Medium.jpg 100_0306.jpg

Last edited: Feb 25, 2017

Comments

Discussion in 'Featured Turbocharged Cars and Trucks' started by TTF/Ken, Feb 25, 2013.

1. 90notcht70
      90notcht70
      Love the color,rims,body kit.. was never a fan of body kits but it goes together very well.. Good luck with your set up..
bridal-shoal