1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

240sx w/ sbc 350

Discussion in 'The Turbo "Builds" Board' started by v8sx, Nov 27, 2007.

1. v8sx

well guys its been close to 8 months since I last was able to work on my car. I just moved from an apartment into a house with a garage and lovin it.
    just in the past week I have been working like crazy on it and got a few things started and done.

list of thing done and started :
    - fully rebuilt chevy 350
    - reseated the valves and ported the heads
    - freshed up turbo 350 transmission w/ installed shift kit ( story here to tell )
    - started roll cage
    - tubbed the back for fuel cell and battery
    - mounted the drivers seat
    - fabbed up a crossmember ( now that I'm able to use my welder )

hers a couple pics of the car.....

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

engine stand has seen some better days

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

[​IMG]#ad

still have alot more to do with the role cage. its ging to be alot more work :chacha:

2. v8sx

Re: so glad to restart my project!!!!!

forgot to tell the story about the transmission.

My brother received a transmission w/ a shift kit installed from a freind who said that he couldn't get it to work so he gave it to us.
    now this guy use to work at a transmsion shop and did this for a living.
    so I figured I'd take a look inside to see for myself , and what the hell do I find or more like what I didn't find?
    he didn't put the plate that goes between the valve body and transmission back in ,and no gaskets!!!!!!! :bang:
    no wonder it didnt work f-in idiot . :eek:
    so I went down to speed pro and got a new shift kit and fixed the whole problem. :2thumbs:

3. v8sx

Re: so glad to restart my project!!!!!

heres a pic with the engine in the car . just did this tonight.

[​IMG]#ad

4. Nice Chevelle

Good start. I know how you feel with getting back into the project. Keep the progress and pics coming!

Good luck.