1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What trans fluid to use for an 02 F250 PSD

Discussion in 'Turbo Diesel Forum' started by knkfiend, Feb 11, 2008.

1. knkfiend

My friend just picked up an 02 PSD and it has a leaky trans pan. he plans on dropping the pan and replacing the gasket, along with the fluid. whats the reccomended fluid to use?

2. fordman2121

i can check when i getg to work but check the trans dipstick it will tell you. if it doesnt say anything on it then it is still the merc. III but it should say on the handle if its merc V. but some do say on the stick itself. if that dosnt help i can find it at work.

3. HouTex

DO NOT use Mercon V.

Use O'reillys or something along those lines it is fine.

4. stroked 85

Run Motorcraft fluid in it. Keep it all OEM specifications. They use Mercron III fluid.

5. 93PONY

I run John Deere 'Hyguard'.
    Same stuff Lentech uses in tranies that are pushed behond their limits. (Johnny Lightning's 1500+HP truck)

Handles 2000+psi & doesn't burn.

6. 90hatch

X2 I mis it with a lil bite of factory fluid to color it since its clear so it's easier to read on the dip stick but the stuff is incredable. I run this in my C4 and PG set-ups in both my race cars as well.