1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

No boost control with E-Boost 2

Discussion in 'Ford Modular Forum' started by Scott2001GT, Sep 15, 2012.

1. Scott2001GT

Ever since I have had the car back I cant get my boost into check. When it was warm I would see 12.5psi at 120mph plus...The tuner cant get it below 9psi. Last night it was much cooler out and I saw 14.6psi at 90mph :bang:

The lines went from the compressor housing to the solenoid, then the bottom port of the w/g went to the solenoid, and port 1 was open. Like it says in the instructions. I now changed it to the compressor port/bottom w/g port tee'd to the port 1 of the solenoid and the top port of the w/g to port 2 of the solenoid. The 3rd port is vented. This TurboSmarts high back pressure setup. I read now that you are suppose to change gate pressure and point values to zero which I didnt do now that I see that :bang:

The thing is I shouldnt have high back pressure. I have CG headers to 2.5in pipes to the merge and a 45mm TS w/g at a 90* angle which I know isnt the best but I dont think it should be seeing like its not there. The turbo is a Precision 6768 HPQH t4 .96AR with a 3in to 3.5in downpipe and slp LM1 catback with no cats in the system. Should I try to set my values at zero or is there something more going on?

I also ran just off the w/g spring(7psi spring or less) and it was seeing 12.4psi still. Is it just to small of a w/g for a low backpressure system and at a 90* angle?

2. 99TTGT

OK
    you want to set your boost pressure at what number ?
    also in what setting?
    BTW
    for future reference you have to look at boost by rpm <not mph>

3. Scott2001GT

I want 8 to 9 psi. I'm not sure what you mean by setting. I talked to my piping guy and he is actually going to just fix it and get the wg to be at a 60* angle.

4. 99TTGT

the eboost 2 have 5 different settings
    http://youtu.be/zQEHoWem5ck
    http://youtu.be/CTWCbjL2M8c

pics of the waste gate

5. Scott2001GT

6. 99TTGT

pictures of the spring inside the waste gate

7. Scott2001GT

That I do not have sir

8. Scott2001GT

Ok sorry randy I know what you mean by settings now. My tuner set that all up.

But don't you think since I bypassed the controller it would be wg location since it was still over boosting?

9. 99TTGT

every car is different
    can you take the waste gate appart and take a pic of the spring ,just to make sure you got the right one?
    http://youtu.be/qjfJ0P632pc

10. Scott2001GT

Yeah it had the stock 7psi spring then we put a softer one in there

11. 99TTGT

what color was the 7psi?
    were did you get the new spring from?
    is it turbosmart? cuz i don'y think they make one...

12. Scott2001GT

It was a turbosmart 7psi spring stock single spring. I think the other option is a two spring 14psi setup

13. Scott2001GT

The new spring my tuner had laying around

14. stangman9897

There's your prob;em , he just had it laying around. :doh:

15. Scott2001GT

But with the stock spring it wouldnt go below 14psi

16. 99TTGT

we are not going to be able to help you fix your problem til you take apart the waste gate and tell us what color it the spring inside is.
    Turbosmart make's a 7psi spring & a 14psi

parts_UltraGate1.jpg #ad

17. Scott2001GT

7psi spring was in it stock. We took it out and looked and compared to website and called TurboSmart. It that piping setup I posted it wouldnt make less than 14psi. We then put an even lighter spring in it and now it only going to 12.5 or so by 125mph but with cooler air it saw that psi level by 90mph and 14.6psi by 110mph in the cooler air. Now that the air is a little warmer again it is back to the 12psi by 120mph plus.