1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Is this a good trade?

Discussion in 'General Discussion Forum For Non-Auto Topics' started by 331StrokerStang, Nov 22, 2010.

1. 331StrokerStang

My buddy Bo has an 03 Cobra. Black, 27K, True Forged Chicanes, S281 Spoiler, Posi Ported Blower(16#), Viper Spec T56, 26 Spline, Spec 3+, KB BAP, 60's, 31 Spline SRA. And he wants to trade for my Z28. Forged 408, Stage 3 Heads, Custom Cam, 91mm Precision, Truck Manifold Setup, 12 Bolt, TH400, Should run what 8's? It's is not streetable by any means, no A/C, no Heat, 8.50 Cage, Slicks, and a Kirkey..I bought it without knowing fully what I want.. Basically he drags more than me..I want something that is full-ish weight, and looks good. Can drive to the track with A/C rip off a 9 and drive back with it on. He wants to trade the Cobra and 4K cash for it...I think it's worth it. Oh and I only have a week to decide before he goes over seas.

If I got it I would sell the Fox, and the ported blower and go with twin S300's from Turbo Dave and shoot for 1000rwhp on 93, and 1200rwhp on C16:) Sorry for the long read!!

2. Traction Issuez

I'd do the trade and put the 4k into the fox and just drive the shit out of the terminator

3. 331StrokerStang

I thought abou that but I really only need one car, my GF already bitches about the two I have and how much I spend on them..Plus the insurance would he cheaper with one. I was thinking about trading, selling the fox for 5k and that would give me 9k which is enough to do twins and built the motor..Then everything else is built and ready to go. With twins I could reach mh goals..But we will see..

4. Traction Issuez

Who has been around longer the cars or the girlfriend? That should establish priority. If she doesn't like em, she doesn't have to drive em. The terminator is already hopped up and has a measely number of miles; just drive it and hop up the fox. $4k = 351 + C4 + S400. Drive to the track, rip off a 9, drive it back home and then climb in the terminator and go to work on monday.
    issuez

5. 331StrokerStang

Well the fox has a Redneck Rwcing C4/Convertor and a built 8.8, I could do that..The Cobra only puts down like 520/500 :bang: decisions decisions!

6. Traction Issuez

351+HI PORTS and that T-76, done

7. 331StrokerStang

he'll that more than 4k! Plus I need fuel and a MS3 or QH.. So 3200 for the BGT76, 2000 for the Hi Ports, 500 for the Intake, 1200 for the fuel, 500 for the MS3 and I'm at 7500 roughly...Plus misc crap and an actuall 351 and I'm at about 8500 which is only like 1500 less than a TT Cobra with 1000rwhp...See where I'm coming from?

8. Traction Issuez

Ah, I thought you already had the parts in your sig. In that case, sell off the C4 and converter; come back to your base and get a 5.3 with harness, computer, manifolds, rod bolts and LS1 intake (~$700), a TH-400 w/ converter (~$1200), S475/83mm ($600) and spend the last $1500 and transmission money on fuel, tune and extras. Same deal, drive to the track, hit 9's and drive home, hop in the terminator and drive to work on monday. I used the mustang motor mounts and just made a couple adapter plates to hook up to the LS1 bolt holes. Truck pan with LS1 intake
    issuez

Yeah, it fits.jpg #ad

9. 331StrokerStang

Yeah the Fox is stock except the C4 and Built Rear..And I'm no sure why it has those.

And NO! I can own a GM but no GM motor is going in my ford..I think I'm going to do the trade and ge the cash tomorrow and then figure out what I REALLY wamt instead of spending 21K on a Z28 and then adding a mother 2k for the 91mm..

10. MONTEGOD7SS

First step, 86 the girlfriend for meddling in your business.

11. 331StrokerStang

I might as well tell she has been my GF for 3 years(popping it soon)..And what does that mean lol?

12. stangboy86

i have never had a project cost what i expect it too :ahah: . its ALWAYS more... :doh: and 4k wont get you very far trying to rip off a 9 unless you dont care about getting home and plan on using a butt load of nitrous, JMO

13. 331StrokerStang

You didn't understand what I said. He would trade me the car and 4k cash. I have the Fox that I could get at least 5 for, if not more..Then sell the Ported Blower too and at the end of the day I have 10K to blow..Twin S300's on the stockish motor would get me to 100 easily.

14. MONTEGOD7SS

I just don't understand trying to go 9s in a heavy ass Terminator when you have a perfectly good Fox that can be light as hell if you want.

15. Kellyo77

First and foremost, we need pictures of said girlfriend to give you a proper analysis of your situation.

Second, I would trade in a minute. Cobra and 4 grand? Fuck yea.

I honestly wouldn't screw up the Cobra. Leave it like it is and work on the Fox. That will give you a decently fast street car that is comfortable enough to fuck your girlfriend in and you can leave the a/c on while you do it. Then build the fox to race. Could do it cheap. Look for deals. Craigslist, Ebay, forums, places like that for parts.
    If I was gonna build another coupe it would have an LS3 6.0 between the frame rails. A buddy had one that had a cam and rod bolts that ran mid 6's in the 1/8th. And low 6's on a little bit of bottle. And by little bit I mean 100 shot. (This was in a 93 RX7) Those engines have proven many times that they can and do, work.
    The LS motor is the smartest way to go. They are too easy to make fast.
    Or a 351 that has cleaned up heads and some ARP stuff scattered around it. Add in some boost or bottle and your ready to ride.

16. 331StrokerStang

You guys don't get it. I already have a completely stripped all out drag car..The Z28 that is/isn't getting traded.. I want a full weight all the creature comforts, heavy wheel, daily driver..If I cam do that with the fox okay, but I KNOW I can do it with the Cobra aswell as the fox..I need to think.

17. stangboy86

by the time you make it 1k hp you prolly wont be driving it as a daily, it'll just be another race car with enough power to break something every time you take it out... i think thats what they are trying to say

18. 331StrokerStang

your right...I need to sit down and make a pro/con list.

19. stangboy86

my opinion im happy with supercar fast for my dd and drag car fast for my weekend cruiser. 5-600 rwhp terminator you're still running down porsches and ferraries on the highway with the ac on and the stereo cranking. :2thumbs: keeps it more reliable. whichever you decide, make sure you post a build thread :D
    the flip side : there aint nothin like having a thousand hosepower daily driver :rock2:

20. PrecisionTurboMustang

Time to piitb!