1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Is there anyone out there that can convert a Classic FAST B2B to Sequential

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by comecorrect, Oct 8, 2010.

1. comecorrect

Do anyone still have parts to convert to sequential?
    Firmware: B2BUNV-E Thanks!
    MIKE

2. TurboNova

Craig on this forum can. If he still has the parts

3. Craig Smith

I sent you a PM too, let me know if interested. Thanks.

4. mostdef

what are the benefits to doing this?? should i do that to my old grey fast system?? thanks

5. comecorrect

I sent you an e-mail and PM. Thanks!
    MIKE

6. Wanderer

Primary benefits of going to a sequential fuel system are...
    1) Individual cylinder fuel control. If the outsides run lean, you can richen them up. If one cylinder runs too rich, you can trim it back.
    2) If done right, you can get a "stock-like" idle using 160lbs injectors
    3) It's one more shiny badge you can brag about.

Like anything though, it requires the right tools to see which cylinder is giving you the biggest hassle.

7. TurboNova

You are correct Wanderer but what most people miss, you will also have more available duty cycle because you are firing the injectors 1/2 as many times in the cycle. The big one... You now fire the injector at the correct time in the firing order.

8. Craig Smith

I've had at least one guy I converted tell me he made more power, although this is not typical in my experience, nor do I like to tell people that there is power on the table because I don't understand why there would be. But nobody minds when there's more power, that's for sure! :D

It's mostly about big hp per CID using huge injectors that are tough to tune for idle. Especially if it does any driving... the B2B setup is just tough in these cases because dividing an already miniscule pulse into two halves makes low-speed fuel control very poor.

I also would not say there is more available duty cycle - I think I understand the concept behind the statement but in the end, static is static. Even if fuel delivery for a given combustion cycle is split into two halves, 100% is still 100% and the injector still never shuts off in that case. The two injector pulses are not separated by an "off time" in a static condition - they are always on.

However, B2B fueling strategies do allow for injector control above 85-90% to be less accurate because that off time between pulses in that situation become increasingly difficult to perform as duty cycle and RPM go up.

:cheers:

Craig

9. EFI fox

What is the cost for converting. I have a new in the box classic fast B2B.

10. turbodgumby

X2

11. Craig Smith

I do them for $350 plus shipping.