1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

What's the next step up for an EFI pump from a GSL392 (walbro 255)

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by furious70, Nov 22, 2013.

1. furious70

I haven't taken it apart yet to see why, but I'm losing fuel psi anytime I go under heavier load/higher rpm, even if I'm not into boost, and my GSL392 gets noticeably louder after testing. I don't need to support more than 450-500hp and I'm still using OEM 3/8 fuel line but would buy up a little if it made sense.
    Thanks

2. TurboNova

We have been using the pump that comes with the new FAST EZ EFI 2, it is a gerotor in tank pump that is pretty bad ass. Way better than the old 255 pump. The newer Holley pumps are pretty good also.

3. furious70

I should have said I'm running an external pump.

4. Chuck L

Tank vented correctly??

5. furious70

Factory 4 vent tank with stove pipe in the trunk. This pump lasted a couple years.

6. philly

bosch 044 and dont look back

7. TA153

id check for voltage drop before swapping, but 044 seems best choice if you do

8. CW25

I would stick with that pump and just replace it. I ran over 525 at the wheels with one of those. Cheap, quiet, reliable. Pretty hard to beat IMO.

9. sarg

The new Holley billet pumps are pretty sweet and quiet!