1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Accel dfi gen 7 questions

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by 92z28camaro, Apr 4, 2014.

1. 92z28camaro

Hey there. Still in the planning phase and considering running alcohol injection. How is this usually triggered? Rpm switch? Is there a trick way to activate it with my accel gen 7 ecm? Thanks.

2. 92z28camaro

Where's all the gen VII dfi guys?

3. Gen1SVE

I would trigger it via boost pressure or rpm, within the ECM. Also as a fail safe no matter the intake air cooling system always set up the IAT vs timing table, so even if the meth pump fails your engine stays in one piece.

4. mcj50

I think the only way to do that is the nitrous control in the gen 7. I was using that control to activate the second stage of my boost controller when I had that ECU. It doesn't have configurable outputs.

5. 92z28camaro

OK cool, that's what I was guessing. That is for the info.

6. 92z28camaro

Thanks*. Also, I thought I remember reading that I could either use a wideband OR knock kit because they plug into the same output of the comp. Does anyone know if this is true? I'd like to install a knock kit.

7. Gen1SVE

Accel wideband plugs into the narrowband plug on the main harness. The knock harness does plug into the accessory plug. If using the Accel wideband both can be used.

8. 92z28camaro

Thanks come to think of it, does the no2 harness plug into the accessory plug? I think that's possibly what I was thinking of. Any way to run 2 accessories?

9. mcj50

My wideband gave me a lot of issues...was never reliable

10. Gen1SVE

Knock on wood my wideband is still used on both my Gen 7 controlled engines and works flawlessly.

11. 92z28camaro

Which sensors were you guys using?

12. Gen1SVE

Bosch here.

13. 92z28camaro

great, that's what I'll be using as well. Were you guys happy with a singlewideband set up or do you think tuning would be significantly better with a dual wide band setup?I'm considering: switching to a dual wideband

14. Gen1SVE

Single turbo and a single wideband O2 for me.

15. 92z28camaro

oh okay. That makes sense. I'll be running twins.

16. my8950

Take the wire you need out of the accessory plug and use it. You can use as many as you like, rather than buy their expensive harnesses...

17. 92z28camaro

So the accessory plug contains separate wires for running separate accessories and you can use them all if you rewire them around the plug?

18. my8950

Yes, accessory plug has a few different output. If you press control and F1, it will open the wiring diagram and you can see from there. Been a long time since I have looked at one, so not sure off the top of my head.