1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

is there a good carb style throttle body for a BBC/Procharger?? fast2.0efi?

Discussion in 'EFI Tuning Questions and Engine Management' started by vinces427bb, Apr 20, 2014.

1. vinces427bb

is there a good carb style throttle body for a BBC/Procharger??
    i have seen some info on the newer fast2.0TBI/EFI set-up with 80# injectors?

i'm researching what EFI system may work on my existing set-up
    combo is a 427bbc/dart head+intake/f1-r procharger/12#ish boost/T400/Hughes custom TqConv/3.73gear

2. Drac0nic

You should be able to do something with a 4150 style TB. There are several manufacturers of them, accufab/FAST/Holley/ebay knockoffs. Are you currently running an EFI intake? If not, you'll be in a fairly considerable amount of work there. If you have a welder it's probably not bad, I gave up on my SBC and bought a stealth ram just because it wasn't going to be worth it to me with the fab facilities at my disposal. Considering the price seems to keep going down on them, selling what intake you have and rebuying may be easier.

Lastly if you're looking for a full EFI system, it may be best to get intake and all. I'd definitely want to see the price breakdown on it, but it could save a few bucks if you did it in one shot. With an F1 if you're not running E85 I would think the 80s would serve you well and provide room to grow.

If you're talking about a TBI style setup as in injectors are at the intlet, I would probably pass. The ones that angle the injectors at a 30-45 degree angle from the intake inlet don't seem to be popular, and the one or two people I've seen talk about em here ran into fuel distribution issues even N/A.

3. brianj5600

4. vinces427bb

those are quite interesting and are very flexible for a builder, but out of stock currently
    http://www.pro-jay.com/Throttle-Bodies_c9.htm
    they are working on a newer design - lower profile - w/newer plenium hats.
    should be available end of summer 2014 timeframe
    thanks on this link