1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Pete @ Hughes Performance

Discussion in 'Turbo Kit Feedback, Shop and Product Reviews' started by Guillaume, Sep 7, 2010.

1. Guillaume

I recently bought a TH400 and converter from Hughes Performance and I have to admit, I was impressed with the quality of their customer service.

I have been asking Pete at Hughes some questions since February this year... and bought the transmission 2-3 weeks ago. :angel:

Even though I hadn't ordered anything and I was just shopping around for a TH400 he would always respond very quickly to my questions.

When I placed the order it was shipped out exactly when he said it would, got a tracking number quickly and communication was perfect from day 1.

If I ever need to buy another transmission the first phone call I am making is to Pete @ Hughes that's for sure!!!

Perfect service and quick delivery. If the transmission is as good as the rest of my experience with Hughes Performance, it's going to be damn near indestructible :D

2. mcj50

Thanks for posting this....doing my research and considering working with Pete on a PG.

3. mcj50

Second thumbs up on Pete and Hughes. I ordered a powerglide and a list of associated parts. Pete spent quite a bit of time planning with me on the phone.

When I finally placed the order it came in a matter of 5 business days exactly on time.

Trans is in car and working well, no drama.

If anybody has any questions feel free to reach out.

4. charles

:2thumbs: I live in South Africa and it is difficult and expensive to get parts from the US. Pete at Hughes was extremely helpful and informative and I got great service from him. Transmission being rebuilt right now. Cheers Pete :cheers:

5. harvs

Seconding everything in this thread! Awesome product with awesome service, even when I'm on the other side of the world, cant thank Pete enough.

6. BigDan

I guess I'm the first to respond since this is where the contest sent me.

I have had other torque convertors in the past but Hughes was the first to actually have a tech that new something other than what a script told them to ask me about my car. We were talking for at least twenty minutes and I got exactly what I needed and the conversation was polite, TY Hughes for great customer care.

7. Guillaume

Are you Dan with the LT1 Cutlass in Qc?

8. M&M Turbochargers

Has been very pleasant to deal with Pete from Hughes,, extremely fast service and will be recomending to friends and family

9. Twin Turbo Skylark

pete is top notch!

I recently bought a torque converter from them and then changed directions on my build and he worked with me and I appreciate that!

10. 83notch

Pete @Hughes helped me big time I ordered a convert put it in just to find out it was to low of stall (totally my fault) called Pete talked to him he gave me full refund on a trade for a higher stall no questions asked very good guy.

11. turbo68s

I went to Hughes for converter recs for my 68 Mustang build last fall. When I checked my old emails, low and behold, it was Pete who responded and gave me a recommendation based on the specs I submitted on their website. Thumbs up again for Hughes and Pete!

12. az92coupe

Pete's a good dude and a personal friend. I've had issues with Hughes transmissions (4L65e, 4L80e) in the past, but I keep going back because Pete always does whatever it takes to make it right. Just got a C4 from them last month. Thanks Pete :)

13. M&M Turbochargers

ordered a converter for the Rick James build and works very well,, still NA but adding turbos, Pete is a top notch seller, and recommend his service :encouragement: :encouragement:

14. 20psiofevil

I believe I will go through Pete next time I need transmission parts.

bridal-shoal