1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

is a smaller water cooled oil cooler better than a traditional air style?

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by darkostoj, Mar 10, 2013.

1. darkostoj

Just wondering what everyone recommends? I used a smaller oil pan off a ls3 engine for the engine swap into my 67 camaro and there are provisions on the side for an oil cooler.

I really like the idea of the water cooled since I can mount it down low and it would be a much cleaner install.

I somehow feel like the 2nd style would do a better job due to the longer lines, and larger size of the cooler itself.

Thoughts?

This is the cooler I could run
    [​IMG]#ad

or i can use a standard radiator style oil cooler that I have sitting around also.

[​IMG]#ad

2. mustang-junky

You might want to look into something with a thermostat. Don't want the oil too cool.

Jess