1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Intercoolers

Discussion in 'Turbocharged Boat and Watercraft Forum' started by GAWnCA, Jan 20, 2008.

1. GAWnCA

Do you think that on an open engine boat you need to have an intercooler? Is anyone building their own and if so how about some photos and maybe some suppliers for parts. Tks, Greg

2. SNYPER

i am going with an air to water from VS racing for my blow thru set up.

3. GAWnCA

Have you got any photos of your set up?

4. Chacata

In a boat you have gobs of fresh water available under you. Why not make good use of it? :2thumbs:

5. GAWnCA

And in a Jet Boat you have GOBS of air as well. :D

6. SNYPER

I am just buying parts and stock pileing them at home right now, its 10 degrees outside and I dont feel like working on anything....... :bang: :bang:

Travis

7. GAWnCA

Travis,

I've got all the parts for the Ford 460 - not turboed but just rebuilt - and for California it's cold here too and my back just doesn't like cold, damp weather. I did get a few parts remounted. I've got the turbo parts pretty much gathered for a SBC 350 I want to build and put in about a 16' jet boat, smaller if I could find the right hotrod hull. I'd like to get my boat painted before the season starts but I don't think I'll feel like it once I get this thing back together. Maybe a next fall project.

Greg

8. GAWnCA

I just found a great idea for a twin turbo intercooler but the guy took it off eBay. I guess the offers/bids weren't high enough. If I can find the radiator parts I may try to make one. I think I can come up with a better design though.

9. SNYPER

I am just going with a sinle in and out, I will just Y the two charge pipes togeather into one.

Thats IC is a good idea but ugly!!

Travis

10. GAWnCA

The welds could have been better and I guess if it were hidden under a hood of a car it would be fine. Like I said, I'm going to build/design my own if I can find the radiator parts I need.

Greg

11. SNYPER

Ya I just dont have a hood on my boat................ :D

Travis

12. GAWnCA

I don't have a hood either. Here's how the boat looked when I picked it up.

Things are changing so I'll start a thread - just that this one isn't turbo
    I'll put the thread up on a Jet Boat web site and then put a link here.

13. SangerDude

Anyone have any pics of the VSRacing water to air intercoolers??? I am starting to stock pile ideas/parts/etc... and would really like to see ideas for blowthru intercoolers.

Thanks!

Bill

14. 502efi

The Procharger intercooler that I have on my boat (AW-504) is a solid addition to my motor. Keeps things very cool and can be found used with some patience. Pushing 700+ hp through mine with the M3 charger. This intercooler should be good to 1000 hp if I remember right.

15. GAWnCA

But where are you finding these intercoolers? I'm ready to build a 350 SBC and wondering if I really need one. Open motor jet boat with lots of water but little room.

16. SangerDude

Agreed!!! I have tried to find these intercoolers myself, but they are not stand-alone products or something??? Any help with pics, places, or prices would be great!