1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

Intercooler comparison

Discussion in 'Turbo Tech Questions' started by Wallace, Feb 19, 2024.

1. Wallace

2. KEVINS

See if you can find out who makes the cores for them. They may be the same MFR..
    Unfortunately the info you want to know (Thermal Efficiency) isn't published. You could call them to see if you can find out what it is for each one.

ks

3. Pro-SC

B E N likes this.
  4. Wallace

SC I took your advice and ordered the tv25. You're right there's plenty of space to fit it. Thanks.

Pro-SC likes this.
  5. Forcefed86

Treadstone has higher density cores than most of the cheap IC's. easily seen by the weight difference. Look at the shipping weight on the cheaper IC. If its half the weight of the treadstone, its likely junk. (treadstone also has pics of the core on their site)

Might look at the 4" thick cores that ON3 performance sells. (they sell 6" too). I haven't run them, but I have friends that have and like them. Ask about shipping weight on those too. Generally an easy way to tell.

I believe my 1245 Treadstons was like 34lbs.... it replaced and ebay intercooler of roughly the same dimensions and that was only 19lbs.

Pro-SC likes this.