1. The Turbo Forums - The discussion board for both hard core and beginner turbocharged vehicle enthusiasts. Covering everything from stock turbocharger cars, seriously fast drag racers, boats, motorcycles, and daily driver modified turbo cars and trucks.
    To start posting in our forums, and comment on articles and blogs please

IF YOU ARE AN EXISTING MEMBER: You can retrieve your a password for your account here: click here.

M.S.D. b.t.m. control knob

Discussion in 'Non-Turbo Tech questions' started by 67satellite, Nov 10, 2012.

1. 67satellite

Is there anyone who sells these seperately from the box? I got a 8762 off ebay without the knob and need to find one. Is it just a resistor? The online wiring schematic says to hook the wires up to it and states that they're not polarity sensitive.Can the knob be bypassed and the btm just be wired with a resistor for full 3deg. per pound setting?

2. Andy Dorsett

3. 67satellite

Thanks, If I can just go to radio shack and buy some resistors,or a 0-10K ohm pot., to wire in the line I will.At 15 lbs. boost,I'm gonna pull all 15 available degrees anyway. For now I have 10 inital, 11 degrees in dist. for 21 total at W.F.O. plus 15 in the vac. adv. It will be nice to have 10+26+15vac. to cruise and 10+26 to spool up, and still have my 21 under full load. Thanks for the info.

Last edited: Nov 10, 2012
  4. Disney Lincoln

I have one i'll sell ya! Even throw in the box too!